Saturday, October 4, 2008

Please Harden win Game 3 in LA!!!!

I am praying that Rich Harden beats the Dodgers in game 3 of the playoffs and that the Cubs can overcome their mental mistakes and errors to win this series.

As a die hard Cubs fan it is killing me to watch them play fundamentally poor baseball-probably the worse performance of the year. I have faith that this is the Cubs year and although the odds are stacked against them, the Cubs must persevere.

Chicago is a better team then LA. Based on record, batting average, runs differential, and on base percentage they should be leading the series. It will be unfair if the lesser team wins just because they happen to get hot at the right time.

The same thing happened to the Cardinals in the year they won the world series. They got hot in the playoffs but had a very poor regular season.

If the Cubs do not advance my interest in the rest of the playoff games on Fox will be non existent. I believe many fellow Cubs fans will feel the same way. I cannot root for the Phillies, LA or Milwaukee. I bleed Cubs blue.

The Cubs are the only reason I watch baseball. Take away the Cubs and the playoffs become a lot duller. I would bet the ratings for the NLCS would nosedive as well.

The Cubs are a team of destiny. Anything less then a trip to the World Series can be considered a failure.

No comments: